We need you – to help us give the world the best all-in-one online marketing platform. It’s already loved by 350,000 customers globally – so we think we’re on the right track.
We need you – to join our adventure to help marketers succeed. By arming them with simple yet powerful online tools that are also fun to use.
We need you – to enrich our organizational culture with your special skills, know-how and passion for what you do. There are more than 300 of us, working in 7 offices on 3 continents. We may speak in different languages and work in different time zones, but we’re still one team with a strong work ethic based on our core values.
We’ve been here since 1998. But the world has changed a lot since then – and never seems to stop! So we constantly evolve, adapt and welcome change to always be one step ahead. Want to help us keep the pace?
We need you! So come and join our team of experts as a Product Content Specialist. Because together, we can make magic happen!
About the role:
Are you intrigued by how things work? Are you comfortable asking difficult and inquisitive questions to developers, product managers or designers? Do you love translating technical concepts into simple language? You’ll get the chance to work in a team that cares about meaning, readability, and clarity. Your job will be to deliver helpful communication that supports GetResponse users on their way to completing their marketing tasks.
In particular you will:
- become an expert on how GetResponse applications work
- create helpful, instructive guidance on the product
- craft user documentation in our Help Center (help pages, use cases, tutorials, tutorial video scripts)
- work with designers and others to create product content
What do we expect?
- you'll ideally have around 2-3 years of technical writing experience, preferably in the software industry
- your English is perfect
- your plain English is even better
- your writing is fluff-free
- you understand Americans particularly well and you're sensitive to other cultures
- you know what it means to write for non-native speakers
- you feel anxious without someone peer-reviewing your work
- you seek user feedback to improve help tutorials
- you have a love-hate relationship with screenshots
- you know what structured writing is
- you understand what information types are for
- you know how to fit into the UX design process
- you've worked with style guides before
- you're comfortable shifting between projects
- you can survive a missing comma or a harmless typo, but you're in agony when someone can't understand you
- you're in the Oxford comma team
What can get you some extra points?
- you have a portfolio of your writing to show
- Markdown rings a bell
- you've worked with a multi-lingual product before
- you're not particularly enthusiastic about DITA (don't Google it if you don't know what it is)
- you know a thing or two about documenting APIs
- agile and scrum sound familiar to you
- you know some basic moves around analytics tools
What do we offer:
- work with an award-winning brand recognized by business people all over the world
- stay one step ahead by learning from the best and attending international conferences, tradeshows, and other professional events
- get top-notch equipment to help you work even more efficiently
- balance your work life and private life with flexible working hours
- work in a dynamic work environment where your smarts and creativity are prized
What else can you find in GetResponse?
- we do our best to help you stay fit, with private medical healthcare, sports cards and an active commuting bonus
- to give you a sense of security and stability we cover your insurance plan
- we welcome sports fans and actively take part in various sporting events
- we appreciate those who care about our environment, so if you decide to switch from your car to public transport, we’ll cover your season ticket expenses
- you can count on lunch subsidies, nourishing breakfasts, freshly pressed juices and hot beverages, and days with fruit and veggies or cake
- we help you thrive along with the company, with various training programs, language classes, and a fully equipped technical library
- our Relax Room is always open, with game consoles and much more
- we organize team days out, team-building events, and staff parties; we celebrate special days and sometimes surprise our team with treats during working hours